What To Expect At Our First Meeting
Meeting with a workers’ compensation lawyer should not be an intimidating experience. At my office, I strive to make clients comfortable when they come in for an initial consultation. It is important to create an atmosphere where clients can share important information and we can develop trust.
When you first come into my office, we will sit down and go over what brings you to my office. Specifically, I will ask background questions about you, your family, your employment and your injury. I will ask a lot of questions so that I get the most comprehensive information about your situation. When I am well-informed, it allows me to better prepare you. At the close of the meeting, I may have some tasks for you to follow up on after our meeting.
What To Bring To Our First Meeting
You may not have anything to bring to the first meeting. However, if possible, it is helpful if you have the following documents with you:
- A claim form from your employer (they should give you a copy promptly)
- Medical records or reports related to your injury
- Wage reports, w2s or other income records from current employment
- Information or documentation from your employer’s insurance company
- Identification information and statements of witnesses present at the time of the injury
- A list of questions
Again, you may not have any of this information when we first meet. I can work with you to figure out how to obtain this information for evaluation. As an experienced attorney, I am adept at obtaining important documents and materials relevant to your case.
Contact Me, I Can Help